In winter I get up at night
冬日我大清早起床,
And dress by yellow candle-light.
借着黄色的蠋光穿裳。
In summer quite the other way,
夏日完全相反,
I have to go to bed by day.
我必须在日间上床。
I have to go to bed and see
我必上床且看,
The birds still hopping on the tree,
鸟儿还在树梢跃荡,
Or hear the grown-up people's feet
抑或聆听成年人的脚声,
Still going past me in the street.
仍旧在街道走过我的身旁。
And does it not seem hard to you,
它对你来说难道不为难吗?
When all the sky is clear and blue,
在明亮而蔚蓝的天空当前,
And I should like so much to play,
而我如此喜欢玩耍,
To have to go to bed by day?
却必须在白天就上床?
评论