You did not come,
你没有来,
And marching Time drew on, and wore me numb.
而时光却沙沙地流去,使我发呆。
Yet less for loss of your dear presence there
倒不是惋惜失掉了相见的甜蜜,
Than that I thus found lacking in your make
是因为我由此看出你的天性,
That high compassion which can overbear
缺乏那种最高的怜悯——尽管不乐意,
Reluctance for pure lovingkindness' sake
出于纯粹的仁慈也能成全别人,
Grieved I, when, as the hope-hour stroked its sum,
当指盼的钟点敲过,你没有来,
You did not come.
我感到悲哀。
You love me not.
你并不爱我,
And love alone can lend you loyalty:
而只有爱情才能使你忠诚于我;
——I know and knew it. But, unto the store
——我明白,早就明白。但费一两小时,
Of human deeds divine in all but name,
使除名义外全然圣洁的人类行为,
Was it not worth a little hour or more
又为何不增添一件好事:
To add yet this: Once you, a woman, came
你,作为一个女人,曾一度抚慰,
To soothe a time-torn man; even though it be
一个为时光折磨的男人,即便说,
You love me not.
你并不爱我。
评论