A Broken Appointment(一次失约)

  • A+
所属分类:黑色文学

You did not come,

你没有来,

 

And marching Time drew on, and wore me numb.

而时光却沙沙地流去,使我发呆。

 

Yet less for loss of your dear presence there

倒不是惋惜失掉了相见的甜蜜,

 

Than that I thus found lacking in your make

是因为我由此看出你的天性,

 

That high compassion which can overbear

缺乏那种最高的怜悯——尽管不乐意,

 

Reluctance for pure lovingkindness' sake

出于纯粹的仁慈也能成全别人,

 

Grieved I, when, as the hope-hour stroked its sum,

当指盼的钟点敲过,你没有来,

 

You did not come.

我感到悲哀。

 

You love me not.

你并不爱我,

 

And love alone can lend you loyalty:

而只有情才能使你忠诚于我;

 

——I know and knew it. But, unto the store

——我明白,早就明白。但费一两小时,

 

Of human deeds divine in all but name,

使除名义外全然圣洁的人类行为,

 

Was it not worth a little hour or more

又为何不增添一件好事:

 

To add yet this: Once you, a woman, came

你,作为一个女人,曾一度抚慰,

 

To soothe a time-torn man; even though it be

一个为时光折磨的男人,即便说,

 

You love me not.

你并不爱我。

发表评论

:?: :razz: :sad: :evil: :!: :smile: :oops: :grin: :eek: :shock: :???: :cool: :lol: :mad: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :idea: :arrow: :neutral: :cry: :mrgreen: